Monday, August 3, 2009

Be Contagious

Last week I visited a friend in the hospital. Before I was allowed to go into his room I had to put on a lovely yellow gown and latex gloves in to protect myself from getting what he had. He was highly contagious and I didn't want what he had. (nothing personal)

As I was driving home I began to think about being contagious. As Christians we're contagious. The question is do people want what we've got? Or will they do what I did before I walked into that hospital room and takes steps to protect themselves from being exposed to us?

Jesus was contagious, people wanted what He had. They were attracted to Him because of the way he lived His life and love people from all walks of life. When we have an intimate relationship with Christ we will become more like Him. We love people the way he loved them, as a result people will want what we have, rather than go to great measures to protect themselves from getting what we've got. Be like Jesus! Be contagious!


Ephesians 5:15-17 ( NLT ) 15So be careful how you live. Don’t live like fools, but like those who are wise. 16Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days. 17Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment